Job Title: Credit Controller
Based in the heart of the Midlands, we have been specialising in TV and Film Accommodation and Travel services since 1985. We now have a fantastic opportunity for a credit controller to join the team.
Working as part of a team providing a comprehensive, accurate and timely accounting service which will enhance the position of the company.
As Credit Control you will be involved in the following duties:
• Proactively manage debt collection on assigned accounts.
• Maintain accounting system diary ensuring all communications are accurately recorded/documented in a timely manner.
• Issuing of statements to clients.
• Resolution of queries to secure payments from customers.
• Prioritise and manage workload whilst maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Escalate problem accounts to the Team Leader – Credit control with supporting documentation of actions and events.
• Liaison and communication with internal departments as required in order to maintain an accurate position on customer accounts.
• Preparation of files for debt collection agencies.
• Assist in ad-hoc duties as required
• Financial qualification (ACCA, ACA, AAT) – Advantageous
• Reconciliation background or prior commission related role preferential.
• Excellent numeric ability, Logic and analytical skills, attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to deal with high profile/key accounts
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Working well under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• GCSE Math / English / IT s; A-C or Equivalent
• Extensive relevant credit control experience with a proven track record in debt collection.
• Develops mutually supportive and effective working relationships with members of the team, and provides cooperation and input whilst informing others of own activities and progress.
• Is regarded as open and approachable, takes time to listen to the views and ideas of others.
• Ensures that the Team Leader – Credit Control is fully updated on progress and any issues that might affect the client relationship.
• Ability to cope with change, to be flexible and handle difficult situations.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.